Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What day is today again?

With a look of utter seriousness on his face, Luke asks his sister, "Why would people want to wear trash on their heads today?"

For once I decided to keep quiet. I glanced in the rearview mirror at Emma. She turned to Luke and said in her best imitation of my voice, "WHUUUUT?"

I giggled and kept listening. "You know, what Mommy told us about this morning," Luke began, "what people did at some churches today. They put trash on their heads."

Emma rolled her eyes and sighed as only a big sister can at a little brother as she said, "Luuuuuuu-uuuuuuuke! Mommy said it was 'ASH WEDNESDAY, not TRASH WEDNESDAY!"

I almost had to pull off the road.

5 delightful comments:

Busy Mom in CA said...

That is too cute!! I'm sure it's all a little confusing for little kids. Thanks for sharing that. I had a good laugh

midnightblooms said...

LOL Finally Oscar gets the recognition he deserves!

Lois Christensen said...

Very cute! It's amazing what little ones come up with sometimes, huh??? Thanks!

Annikke said...

After the day I had I needed this laugh! THANKS!!!!!!!!

Temple said...

Love it!!!