Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I've been...around...

October 13, 2009


Oh.my.WORD.

I can't believe I went this long and didn't write a thing. I've been going through blog withdrawal, but at the same time completely unable to blog.

Thanks to a good doctor and her great medicine, I am feeling a lot better and, hopefully, will stay that way. I will tell you more of my medical issues another day, but I want to thank those of you who let me know that you missed me, and bless y'all's hearts, I got 2 new followers during the time that I didn't write a single word.

I just love y'all.

Here's a little of what's been going on:

There was Mule Day, which we kinda didn't do as much with this year. We went to the carnival on Thursday night and did a lot of shopping on Friday night, but the rain kept us home on Saturday.
There was U2:
Isn't that a cool stage?!?

We had a unique opportunity to travel to Atlanta to see U2 in a private corporate box with food and a private bathroom. It was divine! I told Jason I wanted to see all concerts and football games this way now, but it's not gonna happen.
Bono sang every single one of my favorite U2 songs.
The stage was huge and had the coolest screen thing-a-ma-bob that could expand, shift down, light up, and probably could fix the healthcare crisis, if given the opportunity. It was awesome.

There was a fudgesicle:Senor Luke looks like he really enjoyed it, too.

There was skating at a wooden roller rink from 1946, that has recently been re-opened to the light of day by some good friend of ours:Emma has never put on skates in her life (not for a lack of my trying to get her to...), but she really enjoyed it.Not to be outdone, Luke had to try it, too. He fell a lot more than she did, but he got up laughing each time, so that was good.
My oldest child Jason was the first to put on skates, out of all the adults and children there. I had never seen him skate, so I was pretty wary of him falling and me having to call all the king's horses and all the king's men to put him back together again, but he managed to stay upright. He got brave after awhile and started playing roller hockey with a teenager. I warned him not to, citing his age and whatnot. Again, he didn't kill himself on the floor, but oh.my.word, the whining that has ensued since about the soreness and stiffness!

Honey, I TOLD you so.

Here's the greatest news, though:
Remember Elliot? He was released from the hospital TODAY after: 261 days in the hospital, 246 of them being in the NICU, a cross-country flight, and five surgeries. I am totally praising God to see them take this next step in their journey HOME!

Thanks for sticking around during my blogging drought. Hopefully, I will get back in the swing of things soon.


7 delightful comments:

meeme97 said...

All that exciting activity was enough to keep you from writing. However, it was an exciting time to "have been...around ". Perhaps, nothing at this time could top Elliot's homecoming. This breaking news was an inspiration, not only for the writer, but for the singer, dancer, etc. My expresion of emotion was to shout and jump for joy. (Surprise, Surprise!)

Rachel said...

That is simply AMAZING about Elliot! Wow! I'm so glad for him!

The U2 stage looks like a starbase in Star Trek... who knew Bono was a Trekkie?

Then again, with the name, it would be totally believable if he were Lieutenant Bono.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are better, I was getting worried, you know I do that. How cool about U2! Can you hear us sing praises to God about Elliot! Thank you prayers will be going up now!

Love you
Rene

Lois Christensen said...

The concert seems amazing! Especially where you were able to enjoy it from! Roller skating looks fun, but I could never do that again! I'd be afraid I would fall and really hurt myself. As if I"m not already hurt enough! Anyway, it brings back memories since hubby and I met roller skating out on Long Island when I was 13 and he was 14. Very nice. Glad you're back! Very, very, very happy about Elliot!!!

Unknown said...

OK, that settles it... I *AM* the only person in the USA who hasn't gotten to see U2 in concert!

Great news about Elliot... has it really been that many days??? So happy to hear he's home!

Wade's World said...

There is no way I would ever let my husband roller skate. I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that he would end up in traction!

Jill said...

So glad you're back! Love U2 - so jealous!