Tuesday, September 01, 2009

God's Favorite Color



September 1, 2009

As Emma and I drove home last Saturday evening, we witnessed one of the most beautiful sunsets that I had beheld in a long time. It was one of those glorious sights that you know God provided just for the joy it brings.

I remarked to Emma that I thought that God probably took a picture of that sunset and put it into his scrapbook of particularly wonderful sunsets. Emma pondered the idea for a moment. She agreed that He did an excellent job “painting” the sky and that He probably did have a scrapbook of His best work.

She thought for another moment and said, “You know, I don’t think God has a favorite color.” I asked her why she thought that. She smiled as she explained, “Well, since He made ALL the colors, I think He must like them all the same. He uses them everywhere.”

Such a simple thought, but still profound. It brought to my mind the song “Jesus Loves the Little Children.” God does love us all, “red and yellow, black or white.” We are all “precious in His sight.” God doesn’t discriminate in colors. He makes beautiful things and people in every color of the rainbow. He is such a great artist!

7 delightful comments:

Wendy said...

Really? Because I always figured he thought dusty rose was a mistake...

Jill said...

Out of the mouths of babes... I love to hear their perspective on God.

Rachel said...

Mauve. God might not enjoy mauve.

Anonymous said...

i love sunsets. and i think she's right.

Rachel said...

Those are awesome! There really have been some gorgeous sunsets lately...

I think Emma's onto something!

Except Orange. Which is a really ugly color. Unless it's lit up and bright in a sunset, then it's okay...

Marie said...

Hello Lianne - thank you for sharing such beautiful photos and the wonderful reminder of God's love.

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Christen said...

I'm way behind on my blog reading, hope you get this comment!
That sunset is beautiful and what a profound statement out of your daughter's mouth, we should all think like kids do!