Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What's Cooking!

Hi! If you are a regular follower to my blog, thanks for stopping by to see what I've been up to lately. If you are here by way of getting a goodie tray from me or my hubby with my blog address on it--WELCOME!

I decided that it would be a cool addition if you could have the recipes for the goodies you now have at your fingertips, so here you go! I am going to start with the goodie in the 12 o'clock position and work my way around.

1. Snowman Hat--Easy one. Melt vanilla or chocolate almond bark and dip mint or regular Oreos and large marshmallows. Sprinkle with colored sugar.

2. Coconut bonbons--See recipe at http://baking.about.com/od/truffles/r/coconutbonbons.htm

3. Peppermint thin mints--Another easy one. Melt chocolate or vanilla almond bark. Add 1/2 tsp of peppermint extract. Dip Town House crackers in bark. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes.

4. Play Dough Cookies--They are edible! Here's the recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Play-Dough-Cookies/Detail.aspx I only used two colors for the dough and I didn't use lollipop sticks.

5. Pecan Pralines--Rich and sinful! Here's your link: http://recipes.pauladeen.com/index.php/recipes/view/pecan_pralines/

6. Buckeyes--Makes 4 dozen


1 box and 1 cup powdered sugar
2 sticks melted butter
1 1/2 cup peanut butter
12 ounces chocolate chips
1/4 cake paraffin wax

Mix powdered sugar, butter, and peanut butter until well blended. Roll into small 1-inch balls. Place on waxed paper on cookie sheet; chill until hard. In the meantime, melt chocolate chips and paraffin in double boiler. Dip bottom two-thirds of each ball into chocolate mixture with a toothpick. Put onto waxed paper until cool.

7. Corn Flake Wreaths--So, they don't really LOOK like wreaths, but you gotta admit they are festive. Here's how you can do it: http://www.aliciasrecipes.com/Recipe/6093/No-Bake-Christmas-Wreath-Cookies.htm

8. Cookie Dough Truffles--These don't contain raw eggs, so you are good to go! Here's your recipe: http://recipes.pauladeen.com/index.php/recipes/view/cookie_dough_truffles/

9. Dummy Fudge--Yes, it's that easy. Here it is: http://recipes.pauladeen.com/index.php/recipes/view/dummy_fudge/

I hope you enjoy your goodies. If you didn't get goodies from me, I am sorry! Enjoy these recipes!

Please let me know what you like best. I am trying to come up with a standard for next year.

Merry Christmas! Please stop by my blog again sometime!

5 delightful comments:

Armchair Housewife said...

This is fabulous because I was just thinking today, "I need to do some more baking but I want some new ideas"

Perfect!

Tiffany said...

Okay, I suck at making cookies. I tried to make some homemade refrigerator box cookies this last weekend...they tasted good, but formed one giant cookie. I can do brownies though... :)

Sorry you walked in on that "conversation" on my blog...it's all gone now. Tis the season! :)

Valerie said...

Mmmm looks delicious! I'm going to have to try a couple of those. Hey I wanted to tell you that I have a surprise for you on my post for today. I hope you like it!

Melissa Wertz said...

I came here thru Valerie's site. Roll Tide!

Strawberry Blonde said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my bloggy page. Your treats look yummy and easy. Easy is always good in my book.

I have friends that are in Winfield/Sulligent area. It's been awhile since we've been up that way. Love me some Boar's Butt. It's still open isn't it??

-- Brandi