Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Looky!

Ooh, aah. This is what a blog looks like. Hmm...okay so we need stuff here. White space scares me.

Okay, so I'll start with the name I chose for the blog, "Socks are NOT the enemy." For some reason, my chihuahua, Tootie, finds socks on my feet-or anyone else's for that matter--to be extremely offensive. Upon first sight of socks, she goes nuts. She starts biting, pouncing, chasing, and generally, just makes herself a nuisance to my socks.


Now, if said socks were inside a shoe, all would be good. It's the ones that have escaped the relative safety of the shoe that are a direct threat to all she holds dear. Socks lying harmlessly on stairs are in no way perceived as a terrorist action in her opinion.



Now, I have a total and utter fear of feet. Feet are gross, nasty, sweaty, stinky, and dirty. I don't think Tootie has a problem with feet. To me, socky feet are equally as disgusting as non-socky feet, so I don't know what the difference is to her.

Granted, I could probably stick her inside some of my husband's socks, and she'd never find her way out. Maybe that's what she's doing. Maybe she is trying to free some of her fellow countrymen from their wriggling, stinky death bags. Or maybe she's just psycho. Whatever.

7 delightful comments:

Laura Jayne said...

Welcome to blogging. :) And I just love this first post. My dog like to sit on the bed and will growl as I put on my underwear. Once they are on... all is good again. Funny what they decide they don't like.

Knocked Up in Bama said...

Welcome! Glad to see Tootie totally controlled the first post. :)

Temple said...

Welcome! I am your FIRST follower! It's like I am the beginning of a cult! :) Tootie is as adorable as ever! And I agree with the feet thing...totally gross feet pic, by the way.

Lianne said...

Those are actually mummy feet. Seriously nasty mummy feet.

I googled "nasty feet" and that's the image that came up. Pretty accurate, I'd say!

Rachel said...

You crack me up. Now I understand the name. That foot picture was nasty, and I'm not easily grossed out.

Looking forward to reading more!

Wendy said...

But you like my feet, right? Right? Hello?

jasonS said...

That's too funny. And I think I shall no longer call them socks, but "wriggling, stinky death bags" instead. Has a nice ring to it...