Friday, December 18, 2009

I'm not dead, just busy.

Contrary to popular belief, I have not moved to some internet-free island in the South Pacific and/or have not gone to jail for killing a man, just 'cause he needed killing.  I have just been crazy, out-of-control busy.  You know it's bad when your own parents call you out for not blogging...AND THEY KNOW WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO!  (P.S.  Thanks for caring, Daddy.)

Hmm.  The last 15 days recap:

December 4-8:  We went to Disney World.  Our trip to off to a bit of a rocky start when I was "randomly" chosen to frisk while waiting to board the plane by a female security agent.  Let's not forget that I'd already gone through security and the metal detector and all that jazz.  Apparently my baby bump looked awfully threatening.  I guess I forgot what a threat to national security pregnant women can be. 

To make matters worse, she told me to "assume the position."  I almost asked her which position she meant, like the John Travolta "Stayin' Alive" pose or maybe on my knees in prayer...  In retrospect, it's probably better I left it alone.  She also frisked the woman standing behind me in line.  She was wearing an University of Alabama hoodie, so she and I decided that the security agent was a bitter Auburn fan.  Figures.

We had a great time at Disney.

Eeyore even shared with us (in his own, non-verbal sort of way) that he, too, is an Alabama fan.  He was especially excited about that day's big win over Florida in the SEC Championship.  Bless Jason's heart, he missed the whole game, but did stay updated on his phone.

We ate well at Disney.  Really well.  In fact, food and I became friends again while I was there.

 We ate dessert with every meal.  The kids don't know what to do now that we are back home and don't have an ice cream sundae bar in the house.  Poor spoiled babies.

I miss it, too.

We rode everything.  When I say everything, I mean everything.  The only thing I skipped out on was the teacups.  As a pregnant gal, I feel like I'm riding the teacups all day long, every day.

December 8-16:  When we got back home, we found out that Emma had pinkeye and bronchitis, which would explain why no one got any sleep.  Emma coughed all night, every night at Disney.

After hostessing a party for 20 ladies two days after we got back (I'm certifiably crazy, I know), we moved on to the next big set of events--the Christmas Plays!

First was the church play:

Next were the three performances of Luke's first grade play:

He got to dance with this little cutie:

She led.

Bless the little present guy in the back row.  He couldn't sit down in his costume.

The play was great, but the kids sure were glad when it was over.  (As were the moms and dads who sat through all three performances.)

I wrote a whole blog post in my head during the Tuesday night performance.  It may or may not make it to print, but it dealt with first grade play attendee etiquette.  I was appalled at how some "adults" behave at a school play.  Truly embarrassing.

So, after two parties this morning, my kids will be home for the next 16 days.


Oh my WORD.

Somebody save me.

Merry Christmas!

12 delightful comments:

Wade's World said...

Welcome back!! It sounds like your trip was wonderful. I hope you have a very merry Christmas!

Gina said...

Clearly, there is some sort of conspiracy against pregnant women flying to Orlando. I too was frisked the last time we went to Disney World when I was pregnant with Grayson. Not a pleasant experience.

Or maybe it's just me. The time we flew before that, I was "randomly" chosen to have my carry-on searched. Which means I had to take EVERYTHING out of my carry-on and then try to get EVERYTHING back in. Again, not a pleasant experience.

Marie said...

Busy busy busy but oh so much fun!!! Glad y'all had a great time at Disney!
And security at the airport? Yeah, you should see what they do to a 10 month old kid who has just had newly created fingers and toes and is wearing casts on all 4 extremities. Oh yeah, Mama was annoyed!!!

Christen said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time at Disney! Hope you are able to take some time to relax over the holidays after a very busy month!

mommychick said...

Congrats on the baby-on-the-way! I'm so jealous you went to Disney. We've gone a million and a half times, but NEVER managed to get there during Christmas. The castle looks good enough to eat! Love it!

Dwight said...

Glad you're back on the blog.
You forgot to mention that while you were gone to Disney World, you furry family member was at our house being fed caviar and filet mignon and other fancy tidbits. I hope Tootie wasn't to spolied when you came back home.

As a parting thought, thirty-six years ago today I started on my homeward flight from Germany to meet your mother at the Birmingham Airport - at about 2:00 a.m. the next morning! With all the Christmas traveling in progress and uncountable flight delays and a fast sprint across the snow covered tarmac at JFK International to catch the Delta flight to Atlanta, and again in Atlanta a lot of begging to be on the next plane to Birmingham, I managed to get there by 2:00 a.m. rather than the expected 4:30 a.m. arrival time she was told to expect.
Into our lives God placed a beautiful baby girl about seventeen months later, and I am as thrilled to be your father today as I was on August 3, 1973.
God bless you always,

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Great pictures! I cannot believe they frisked you!!! I wouldn't know the position either! Very funny!

Hope you're feeling good and have thought of things to keep the kids busy!!

Enjoy the weekend!

Dwight said...

After Lianne read my comment, I have been requested (ORDERED!) to amend her birthdate to August 3, 1975.
This is why I try to get her mother to proof read the church bulletin before I print it for publishing.
Maybe a new keyboard would help with this old computer.

Jill said...

I'm glad ya'll had fun at Disney!!! I hope you have the best Christmas ever. Try to get some rest!

Wendy said...

I can't believe you went to Disney World without me. Where's the love, Lianne? You took Belgium with you, didn't you?

Rachel said...

No excuse(s) is (are) a good excuse(s) to not speak to your friends for 15 days.

Lucky for you, I still love you.


I can't BELIEVE you guys didn't watch the game - that amazes me. I mean - of the two of us (you and me) I would have put MUCH higher bets on ME missing such a great game, not you.


Welcome back - I missed you!

jennifer said...

Oh my goodness Lianne! I understand the not dead just busy title WAY to much. Ha! I'm glad you have just been busy :)

The trip looked like SO MUCH FUN! I'm happy for y'all.

Happy New Year!!